We have all been in that stage of having an incredible idea, service, or project you'd like to see come into fruition, but you're left with that feeling of "now what!?" I don't remember any college classes being titled, "how to build your business around this niche idea, while also being your own marketing director, accountant, employees and boss!" These books are the perfect mix of educational and inspirational, and will help you to not lose sight of your big dreams along the way. Think of these books as the best business books.. in the business! We hope you love these reads as much as we do!
1. Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner | This inspirational read by creative entrepreneur, Erin Loechner, shares her journey of finding peace and harmony in having and doing less. She discusses how to stop comparing yourselves to others, how to be grateful for the life you have, and you'll enjoy personal stories and anecdotes along the way.
2. The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp | The Creative Habit teaches how to harness those creative skills, and build an atmosphere that helps you work efficiently and successfully. Your brain is like a muscle that needs practice and repetition to grow, Twyla will be your coach!
3. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert | Are you stuck on the hamster wheel of your creative business because you are too afraid of jumping off and trying something new? Scared to launch a new business because you aren't an "expert" or you don't have enough followers? This book will help you locate your own confidence, get rid of those fears, and teach you to showcase those amazing things about yourself that will help your business grow and thrive.
3. Grace Not Perfection by Emily Ley | Are you currently trying to curate the perfect social feed, while you bake pinterest worthy cupcakes for your kids, plan exciting date nights for your husband, answer all emails in a timely fashion, buy those cute shoes, write that game changing blog post, etc. etc. etc. Are you beyond exhausted and feeling like a failure, because, well, we just can't do "all.of.the.things?" This book is for you. Emily will remind you just how to give yourself a little grace.
4. Simplified by Emily Ley | Can you tell we love Emily Ley? Not only has she been a huge supporter of The School of Styling, but we also love and trust her products. (I even use her academic planner to help keep my own life organized!) This book is filled with amazing action steps, and tools that will guide you through creating a simplified life! Ridding yourself of the business and clutter to give you more room for joy, family time, peace and growth!